The One/Two-Door Lock Manager has a small footprint and is designed to be mounted on the secure side of the door.
It controls one or two doors and supports up to four smartcard readers and two electric strikes. It combines a power supply and door controller in a single panel.
It performs the following functions:
- Breaks out the power and data supplied down a standard CAT5e/6 cable from a Borer Midspan Bridge.
- Monitors door status settings (Door Open, Lock Status and Request to Exit button).
- Manages the power supplied to operate electric door locks and strikes.
Power over CAT5e/6 cable technology powers equipment where it is inconvenient, expensive or not possible to provide a mains power outlet to the door. It provides electrical power and data to devices, such as card readers and electric door locks, over standard CAT5e/6 cable.
This solution requires two components as follows:
- A Midspan Bridge at the source that injects power into a standard CAT5e/6 cable system without affecting the data.
- A Lock Manager at the destination that splits power and data for delivery to local devices.
The power management chipset employed (IEEE 802.3 PoE plus standard), is designed for Power over Ethernet applications, providing protection against short circuit, polarity reversal and the accidental connection of PoE non-compliant equipment.
- Delivers Data and Power to control Two Doors including electric locks over a single 300 metre (1000ft) run of CAT5e/6 cable.
- Operating Modes Supported Include:
- Two door control each with IN and OUT card readers and two electric locks;
- Single door control with IN and OUT card readers, electric lock
and audible alarm or alarm circuit shunt output;
- Airlock/Interlock/Mantrap control sequencing two doors and only permitting one at a time to be opened;
- Locker/Cabinet control enabling one card reader to selectively control access to many doors.
- Optional Local 12V Power Supply if the applications power demands exceed PoE current limits.
- Quick Press Fit Terminal Connectors for a speedy install.
- Four Digital Inputs each with 4 state monitoring and an optical tamper.
- Two Solid State 12V DC Powered Outputs, selectable for fail safe and fail secure operation and able to deliver enough energy to power an electric door release.
- Reprogrammable Firmware with Software Updates delivered over the LAN allows for the access control infrastructure to be updated and new technologies to be added.
- Enhances security preventing door access by tampering with the card access reader head.
- Safeguards the electrical equipment connected to the circuit by only supplying power following device identification and evaluation.
- Protects the CAT5e/6 cable by monitoring the energy delivered providing a 48V current limited power source.
- Reduces equipment cost by eliminating the requirement for local main outlets, power supply and battery at every door.
- Reduces installation cost by eliminating the local mains wiring, which in most countries, for legal or insurance reasons, has to be installed by a qualified and/or licensed electrician.
- Reduces energy consumption by as much as 80% using intelligent power management.