Borer’s Intelligent FUSION PIN Reader is for
use in online access control applications.
The reader delivers full online and offline card validation and
decision making capabilities at the point of entry, eliminating the
need for a separate control panel, wall box and mains power
supply at each door.
‘Power over Ethernet’ Technology manages energy supply to
the lock, extends the lock life and reduces the amount of energy
consumed at the door by up to 80%.
The elimination of unnecessary equipment together with a low
energy profile delivers a ‘Cleaner, Leaner and Greener’ solution,
reducing lifetime cost of ownership.
Support for open standard (ISO 14443A and B, ISO 7816-4 -
MIFARE® and MIFARE® DESFire®, ISO 15693) technologies where a single
card can be used for a range of applications including: banking,
travel card, cashless vending, access control and attendance
- 10 digit touch capacitive keypad with backlight for the input of
- Dual database of cardholders and access rights held at
every reader head, allowing fall back to the last known good database
in the event of a data corruption or network interruption during
- Large database with a capacity of up to 120,000 card
- Secure database, all cardholder details are fully encrypted to prevent
manipulation or misuse of data.
- Four LEDs and polyphonic sounder gives clear feedback when a
card is presented.
- Works with Borer Midspan Bridge technology to deliver power and
data over a single CAT5e/6 cable.
- No moving parts and fully potted for application indoors and
- Optical tamper protection for the installed reader head.
- Supports SAM and Crypto engine (optional) for smartcard based PKI
applications delivers the highest levels of secure card authentication.
- Developed using ‘Clean Design’ principles to reduce component
count and energy consumption.
- ‘Plug and Play’ makes for faster installation & commissioning.
- Distributed intelligence allows decisions to be made at the point of
- TCP/IP network connection via Borer Bridge facilitates direct
connectivity to the access central management system and database.
- Energy savings of up to 80% - Save on ongoing operating costs over
the lifetime of the system.
- Eliminates the need for a separate control panel, wall box and power
supply reducing component count, bespoke cabling requirements and
installation complexity and associated costs.
- User programmable open format MIFARE®/MIFARE® DESFire® cards which, unlike
systems that use proprietary and exclusive formats, eliminates single
supplier dependence and benefits the user with lower cost for
- Futureproof - Firmware updates can be automatically downloaded
directly to the reader over the LAN enabling new smartcard
standards to be supported when they are introduced.
Part No: 04-207 FUSION PIN Reader
Dimensions: 110 x 64 x 26 mm | Weight: 166g
Download FUSION PIN Reader Datasheet
For further information on any our products or an info pack, please use the Contact Form or call on +44 (0) 118 979 1137
MIFARE® and MIFARE® DESFire® are registered trademarks of NXP B.V. and are used under license. Borer Data Systems retains the rights to make changes to these specifications at any time, without notice.