At a busy reception, using pre-registration can greatly reduce visitor check-in time and lobby congestion by managing visitors from your PC.
Most organisations find it is necessary to maintain a log of visitor and contractor movements to and from site in order to meet health and safety requirements. It is also often necessary for visitors to attend a site induction course and for an audit trail of both visits and induction course attendance dates to be maintained.
Visitor Management is part of the FUSION which includes Access Control, ID Badge Maker and Time & Attendance all in one package, sharing the same database.
Many security conscious organisations today require that all visitors be pre-registered. This type of policy not only enhances the security of the facility, but also further streamlines the process of checking in visitors and issuing badges.
- Handles visitors more quickly.
- Pre-register visitors allowing security clearance checks to be made prior to the visitor’s arrival speeding up the reception process.
- Reduce front desk work load with the self-service terminal.
- Includes visitors on the site ‘Fire Roll Call’.
- Speedy and easy registration of frequent and return visitors.
- Provides audit trail and improved accountability.
- Identifies who’s on site, invaluable for site fire evacuation exercise.
- Pre-register expected visitors through a simple web interface.
- Scan arriving visitors Photo ID or business card.
- Identify frequent visitors and return visits.
- Capture visitor’s photo and/or signature.
- Track assigned visitor access cards.
- Check for visitors requiring special approval.
- Print professional colour coded visitor passes with expiry date, visit area, host being visited and purpose of visit.
- Automatically notify the host of a visitor’s arrival by email, phone or SMS.
- Integrate with access control to manage visitor escorts.
- Logs visitors on and off site for inclusion on the site roll-call.
- Provides audit reports listing visitor traffic by employee, department or facility.
Visitor Reception (VR) is a PC based package that enables reception staff to acquire visitor details, produce a corresponding visitor badge and check a visitor in at the start of a visit and out at the end of a visit.
The visitor may also be checked in/out (e.g. if going out for lunch) within a visit. The visitor/visit details, which include visitor contact information, the identity of the person whom the visitor is visiting and the (optional) visitor escort, car registration number, site induction date etc., may be entered into VR in advance of a planned visit (pre-registration) or when the visitor arrives.
Web Based Visitor Pre-Registration
Web Based Modify Visitor Record
If the visitor has been to site previously, his/her record can be recalled from the visitor database instead of having to be entered again. With the addition of an IP camera, the visitor’s photograph can be captured and printed onto the visitor's badge.
Optionally the badge can also function as an access card, giving access via selected card readers to designated areas of the site. When a pre-registered visitor arrives for his/her appointment, the receptionist or guard can use the VR package to quickly consult an on-screen list of pre-registered visitors, verify the visitor's identification, (providing added security) and, with the click of a mouse, check the visitor in.
An audit trail of visitor check-ins and check-outs, together with associated visitor and visit information, is maintained by the VR package. Reports that are available within the VR package include a real-time report (showing which visits are currently in progress) and historical reports which show details of who visited and when.
In the case of multi-site organisations.
VR can operate in client/server mode, with a central visitor/visit database. Visitor information can then be shared between multiple sites and visitor histories can be tracked organisation-wide.
Visitor Web is a web browser based application which enables authorised staff members to pre-register visitors using their PC based web browser. The employee simply logs onto the server (which can be located/hosted anywhere), and fills out a simple visitor information form. No knowledge of how to use Visitor Web is required, and no training of employees is necessary.
When a visitor who has been pre-registered via Visitor Web arrives for his/her appointment, the receptionist can use the VR package (see above) to check the visitor in and issue a visitor badge.
Visitor Web enables designated users to list and modify information held for previous visitors, create new visitor records, pre-register visits and view information on visits (past/present and future), all from their own PCs.
Licensing Terms: Visitor Web is licensed on a per web server basis. With a single license, any or all employees or tenants who have access to the web server can pre-register visitors over the internet or intranet. Visitor Reception is licensed on a per workstation basis.
For further information on any our products or an info pack, please use the Contact Form or call on +44 (0) 118 979 1137